Wednesday 22 July 2009

Validated my home page to a w3c standard.

Tar dar...

www.aidanmack.co.uk

Biggest problem was that I was using duplicated div id's. I should have really been using a class instead of an id. I also needed to add alt tags to my images. This basically displays text if image rendering is switched off or is unavailable.

But that’s only one page. I have a few others that need sorting out.

Dreamweaver has also alerted me to problems with compatibility with Internet Explorer 6. Not sure how to fix these. Need to do a little research in to hacks to sort that out.

Also removed the very annoying problem of having a border around images if they are hyperlinked Easy fix... just set border-width:0px; .

Also need to add these changes to other parts of the site.

Starting to really like html and css now, but It’s also incredible frustrating to get stuff working and looking correct in all types of browser. Something I can see as being quite the problem when creating websites professionally

No comments: