Sunday 26 July 2009

A post apocalyptic photoshop of Cawood

Finally got round to doing a tutorial on how to make a scene look post apocalyptic. I think its worked well. The original photo is of the street my house is on. I then made it look post apocalyptic.
I think one of the things i would liked to of done more of is making things look over grown.
I don't think the well cut bush to the right would look anything like what it does. Maybes i could of replaced it with a bush that's a bit more out of control.

So things I learnt...
  • Used vanishing point. Great tool for getting the correct aspect on doing road re-surfacing. Useful for changing a picture on wall for example and getting the correct aspect. Found a tutorial on that. Might do that one as well.
  • Lighting effects under render
  • Use of the burn/dodge tool for grubbing things up
  • How using some of the different modes work on a brush
  • Using a mask effectively
The original Image

Post apocalyptic
http://www.aidanmack.co.uk/portstuff/Post-Apocalyptic.jpg

No comments: